How to Fix Error Code 2901 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2
Call of Duty is a first-person shooter game that has captured the hearts of many players worldwide. The game has evolved over the years, with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 being two of the most popular versions. However, some players may experience error code 2901, which can be frustrating. In this article, we will discuss the causes of error code 2901 and provide solutions to fix the issue.
Causes of Error Code 2901
Before we dive into the solutions, let's understand what error code 2901 is and what causes it. Error code 2901 appears when there is an issue with the game's servers or when there is a connectivity problem with the player's internet connection. It can also occur due to corrupted game files or outdated drivers.
Solution 1: Restart the Game
The first solution to try is restarting the game. Exit the game and close the Battle.net launcher. Then, launch the game and check if the error code still persists. If the error persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update Drivers
Another common cause of error code 2901 is outdated drivers. It is essential to ensure that all drivers, including graphics and network drivers, are up to date. To update the drivers, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand the network adapters or display adapters section.
- Right-click on the adapter and select Update Driver.
- Select "Search automatically for updated driver software."
- Wait for the update to download and install.
After updating the drivers, relaunch the game and check if the error code still persists.
Solution 3: Verify Game Files
If the error code 2901 is caused by corrupted game files, verifying the game files can fix the issue. To verify the game files, follow the steps below:
- Open the Battle.net launcher and go to the Call of Duty game page.
- Click on the Options menu and select Scan and Repair.
- Wait for the scan to complete, and the game files will be repaired automatically.
After the game files are repaired, launch the game and check if the error code still persists.
Solution 4: Reset Network Settings
If the error code 2901 is caused by a connectivity issue, resetting the network settings may help. Follow the steps below to reset network settings:
- Press Windows key + R and type cmd in the Run dialog box.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command:
ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh winsock reset
- Restart your PC and relaunch the game.
In this article, we discussed the causes of error code 2901 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 and provided solutions to fix the issue. If the error code still persists after trying all the solutions, it is recommended to contact Activision's support team for further assistance.
That's it for this article.
Thanks for Visiting Us – fixyanet.com